We are contemplating moving towards a new chord notation. The existing notation doesn't contemplate multiple button presses in the same row on the Finger pad, utilizing the mini-buttons (3 buttons above the finger pad) in a chord, or remapping the thumb buttons to anything other than Num, Shift, Ctrl or Alt.
The proposed notation will only represent the pressed buttons, no blanks are denoted.
Notation will also deprecate the use of “0” to indicate absence of a keypress.
There are two button areas: THUMB BUTTONS and FINGER BUTTONS
- Physical button numbers increase from left to right.
- "T" followed by any combination of thumb button indexes 1-4.
T1 = Thumb button 1
T14 = Thumb buttons 1 and 4
T23 = Thumb buttons 2 and 3
- F <.row number><.LMR>
- "F" followed by any combination of Row and Column information.
- Row information is represented by the row number followed by any combination of L,M,R buttons (left, middle, right column buttons),
- Mini buttons are row 0
- Main four finger rows are 1-4.
- Columns are still designated Right, Middle and Left
F2R = Finger row 2 right button (was OROO)
F3M = Finger row 3 middle button (was OOMO)
F2R3M = Finger row 2 right button, row 3 middle button (was ORMO)
F1LR = Finger row 1, both L and R buttons (was [LR]OOO)
F0M = Middle mini button
Putting it all together
T14 F2R = Thumb 1 and 4, Finger 2nd row right (was N+S OROO)